Forskolin Vs Hoodia Gordonii: Weiht Loss Supplements Review
These past decades have seen the rise of numerous fat-burning supplements which have created quite a stir as far as efficiency is concerned. Voices all over claim to have found the one thing that will make you lose weight fast, easily and for good. Two major substances have led the weight-loss supplementation market in the last year or so: Hoodia Gordonii and Forskolin. Let’s take a look at both substances and compare and contrast what each one has to offer.
According to source, we should define what this substance is before we address its impact on weight-loss programs. Grown in Myanmar and Indonesia, Hoodia Gordonii is a fruit which looks like a small greenish, yellowish pumpkin. Also known as gummi-gutta, gambooge or Malabar tamarind, this tropical produce has gotten enough attention thanks to its highly effective weight-loss results. In order to best explain the wonders of Hoodia Gordonii, we should define Hydroxy Citric Acid – HCA-. This chemical compound, present in this fruit, was identified back in the 1960s. At the turn of the 70s, experimentation on mice began, resulting in sufficient scientific evidence to back up researchers’ initial hypothesis: HCA facilitates weight loss (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24955559).
Experimentation was conclusive: large doses reduce appetite in mice. Medical research has come a long way since then, and these recent decades have seen the growth in popularity of this dietary supplement. Moreover, Hoodia Gordonii has been found to be one of the greatest sources of HCA. All this purely academic research came down to earth when, at the turn of the XXIst century, it was announced that Hoodia Gordonii was 100% safe to be used on humans. . But the best was yet to come: HCA derived from Hoodia Gordonii became news after TV health wiz, Dr Oz, proclaimed it “the Holy Grail of fat loss”. As was expected, this endorsement triggered thousands of requests for the product, resulting in hundreds of manufacturers offering the supplement in all sorts of commercial presentations. The most outstanding benefits of this substance are:
• It prevents new fat cells from forming.
• It acts as an appetite suppressor.
• HCA has been found to increase serotonin levels, thus preventing emotional eating; one of the biggest causes of overeating.
• Hoodia extract helps to manage cortisol, the stress hormone in the body.
• It increases energy level which, in turn, promotes general well-being.
• Hoodia Gordonii extract in the form of dietary supplements presents the greatest concentration of HCA (60%) on the market.
Forskolin, on the other hand, also comes from a natural herb which is the Plecthrantus Barbatus, or Coleus Forskohlii, an ancient plant which is part of the mint family. Traditionally used to treat high blood pressure levels and certain cardiac conditions, the root of this plant has been found to be a powerful dietary supplement for weight-loss programs. The active compound in Forksolin is cyclic AMP (cAMP). This molecule exerts control over glandular functions which are essential for metabolic development.
Several studies carried out on both animals and humans concluded that Forksolin extract, taken directly from the root of the Coleus, has the property of breaking down fat cells (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/3017932). This process, called lipolysis, is the number one reason for the substance’s success. In this sense, Forksolin is like Hoodia. Likewise, Hoodia is extremely helpful in boosting both physical and mental well-being. The top five reasons that have led to Forskolin’s popularity over this past year include:
• It increases lean body mass. Used as a body-building supplement, Forskolin helps to build muscle and bone mass, as well.
• Its fat-burning properties are particularly effective to reduce fat tissue stored in the belly area.
• By enhancing your metabolism, Forskolin can help to break down fat cells and prevent further fat storage.
• For those patients who suffer from thyroid imbalance, this chemical can be essential to promote proper gland functions.
• Forskolin extract works on a 20% Forskolin concentration.
Making the Final Choice
If you take a look at the qualities listed under each substance, you can conclude that both may be helpful supplements in any carefully-supervised weight-loss program. One thing any dieter should keep in mind is that, having been on the market for a longer time, Hoodia Gordonii offers the greatest range of commercial presentations. What looks good at first sight may be dangerous when it comes to realizing that many of the so-called Hoodia extracts are counterfeit versions of the real thing. Looking for well-known brands is a sure way of getting the real thing.